- Improvement Plans and Reports
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Parental Consultation - FEEDBACK
- School Uniform
- Primary School Uniform and Orders
- Secondary School Uniform and Orders
- Online Booking for Parents' Evenings
- Mobile Phone in School and Safe Use of the Internet School Policy
- Administration of Medicines
- Parent Information
- Parental Nutrition Advice
- Current Staff List
- General Information
- Enrolment Information
- Emergency School Closure
- After School Sports Clubs
- Parental downloads
- Broadband Internet Parental Controls
- Parentzone Scotland
- Snow Clearing on Campus
- Relationship, Sexual Health and Parenthood
- School Meals
Emergency School Closure
These are our procedures for closing the school should there be need to do so.
Closure During the School Day:
If the weather deteriorates during the day (or in the event of early closure of the school for other reasons), the following procedures will be adopted:
A GroupCall text message will be sent to the mobile/home telephone number of the main parent/carer to advise that:
- Contract Bus Pupils: School is closing and that buses have been requested and will leave the school at a designated time.
- Placing Request Pupils who travel on service bus: School is closing and pupils will be travelling home on service bus leaving at a designated time.
- Pupils who live in Auchterarder: School is closing and that parents should collect Nursery and Primary pupils (P1-P7). Secondary pupils will be sent home at a designated time.
- Parents of all Primary pupils who travel by bus or taxi will be contacted by telephone to ensure that someone is available to meet their child(ren) at the end of their journey.
- Parents of Secondary pupils should ensure that suitable support arrangements are in place for their son/daughter if no-one is at home (eg. house key, go to relative/neighbour’s house).
Collecting Nursery/Primary Pupils
- Primary parents/carers should attend via the playground of the Primary building where they will be directed to collect their child/ren from their classroom.
- Nursery parents/carers should go to the Nursery entrance to collect their child from Nursery.
- Where appropriate, Nursery parents/carers should then make their way to the Primary Reception area via the rear school entrance to collect their Primary child(ren).
- Secondary pupils may collect younger sibling(s) from Primary, if a permission slip has been previously returned to the office.
In emergency situations where alternative arrangements must be made, please contact 01764 663762. This line is available on the day of emergency closure and must only be used to make alternative arrangements for the safe return of your child(ren).
In the event that bus or taxi transport does not operate in the morning, but the school is open for local/town pupils and you bring your son/daughter to school, please note that the bus or taxi will not run at the end of the day and you will be responsible for collecting your child.
Closure Outwith the School Day:
When weather conditions are bad, especially in outlying areas, parents should not send their child(ren) to school if they are in doubt. Please contact the school where this is the situation.
Information regarding school closure will be available by ringing the school on 01764 662182.
If there is no-one there to take your call, a recorded message will provide you with up-to-date information.
A GroupCall text message will also be sent to your mobile telephone number from the GroupCall website (internet connection permitting).
Please refer to the Council Website on School Closure to find additional information sources.