TCSOA Parent Council
Over the coming weeks and months you will be hearing a lot about the Parent Council and how easy, undemanding and rewarding it can be to get involved.
Our hopes for Parent Council
To have a vibrant, enthusiastic parent community that supports, engages and communicates with our school to help provide the best possible education and learning experience for our children.
What we are asking parents to do
We currently have a very healthy quota of parent members on the Council so don’t worry, we aren’t asking you to be a formal parent member, but we can never have too many parents coming along to meetings, as and when they have time, voicing their opinions, making suggestions or just acting as a sounding board for the Parent Council/the school. You don’t even have to come to meetings –we will be heavily promoting social media and e-mail as a way for parents to let Parent Council know what they think/need from us.
Why do we need more parents to be involved?
We must engage more parents, so we have a wider representation of the views of parents/children from the school. We need to know what you think!
It’s not all about the money!
Here are some of the things the Parent Council does – co-ordinating fund raising is only a small part of it.
- We represent, you, the parents, and are responsible for putting forward your opinions/concerns/requests to the school when it comes to significant issues affecting our children.
- We co-ordinate fundraising and then consider bids from the school on ways to spend this money. Or we may organise fundraising for one specific item that’s needed.
- We work with the Strategic Fundraising Committee to avoid duplication of effort and share expertise.
- We work with the school, to make sure parents get information which affects our children in a clear, accurate way, at the right time.
- We sit on the Appointment Panel when candidates for key roles in the school are being interviewed so that there is always a parental perspective.
How do I get involved?
You can speak to any of the Parent Council members with any questions/suggestions you have – there’s a list of the members here.
Or message the Facebook page here.
Or email us at: