- Pupil Survey - How We Treat Each Other
- Exam Results Analysis Videos
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2016
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2015
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2014
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2013
- Course Choice
- S2 Course Personalisation
- S4-5 Course Choice
- New National Qualifications: SQA
- Associated Primaries
- Faculty of Design & Technology
- Art & Design
- Computing Science
- Design, Engineering & Communication
- Home Economics
- Literacy and Communication
- Mathematics, Enterprise and Business
- Business Education
- Modern Languages
- Pipe Band
- S1 Homework Exercises for 2016/17
- S2 Homework Exercises for 2016/17
- Video: Pipe Band at Perth Festival
- Music Links
- Music Instrumental Lessons
- Physical Education
- Higher Physical Education
- Sports Award Ceremony
- Science Study Clubs
- Social Studies
- Modern Studies
- Learning Resource Centre - Secondary
- Senior Pupil Representatives
- The Main Aims of Tutor Group
- S1 John Muir Award
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Faculties and Subjects
- Broad General Education
- Wider Achievement Programme
- Community/Parental Involvement
In Modern Studies your child will study a wide variety of topics relating to people and their place in society.
The course begins with a brief introduction to Modern Studies in which pupils learn about the relevance of the subject to their everyday lives.
They will study units on local and national issues such as decision making in Scotland, the role of the media in our society today and children’s rights and responsibilities.
International topics covered include the problems of children in the devleoping countries, such as child labour, world wide injustice, such as the debt crisis and concerns over international terrorism.
The concepts of representation and participation in society will be studied through aspects of citizenship. It aims to give understanding of some of the important issues in our society today.
They will also have the opportunity to study 1 or more Social Subject to Advanced Higher level. We offer a full range of courses from S3-S6.