- Pupil Survey - How We Treat Each Other
- Exam Results Analysis Videos
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2016
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2015
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2014
- Secondary Exam Results Analysis - 2013
- Course Choice
- S2 Course Personalisation
- S4-5 Course Choice
- New National Qualifications: SQA
- Associated Primaries
- Faculty of Design & Technology
- Art & Design
- Computing Science
- Design, Engineering & Communication
- Home Economics
- Literacy and Communication
- Mathematics, Enterprise and Business
- Business Education
- Modern Languages
- Pipe Band
- S1 Homework Exercises for 2016/17
- S2 Homework Exercises for 2016/17
- Video: Pipe Band at Perth Festival
- Music Links
- Music Instrumental Lessons
- Physical Education
- Higher Physical Education
- Sports Award Ceremony
- Science Study Clubs
- Social Studies
- Modern Studies
- Learning Resource Centre - Secondary
- Senior Pupil Representatives
- The Main Aims of Tutor Group
- S1 John Muir Award
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Faculties and Subjects
- Broad General Education
- Wider Achievement Programme
- Community/Parental Involvement
Learning Outcomes and Success Criteria for units are shared with pupils on a regular basis. A summary of the S1 course is shown below:
Pupils acquire experiences in playing keyboard, guitar, drumkit, bass guitar and tuned percussion.
Pupils compose a Scottish Waltz and learn how to use Sibelius software to print out their work.
Listening to music is integrated into other aspects of the course and pupils will become familiar with Instruments and Ensembles; Scottish Music; Ragtime and Swing and will perform these styles in group work.
Extended ICT activities include using Cubase, Audacity and Magix Music Maker Silver software.
Homework is issued regularly. Pupils complete ‘Notebooks’ to support class work. Homework sheets are accessed on the school website, completed online, and sent electronically to the class teacher.
S1 online Quizzes
Learning Outcomes and Success criteria for units are shared with pupils on a regular basis. A summary of the S2 course is shown below:
Performance – Pupils choose two instruments and play a variety of pieces performed either solo or in a group. They will play, and gain an understanding through listening to, World Music and Rock and Pop
In S2, pupils have a more advanced Composing experience learning how to use form and add additional instrumental parts. They will use music software to produce a print of their composition. Pupils continue to extend their knowledge of technology through various ICT activities. Homework is as S1, but additionally pupils are asked to prepare and present a solo talk on a musical subject of their choice and to present it with audio excerpts to the class.
s2 online Quizzes
Courses are offered at Standard Grade, Access 3, Intermediate1, Intermediate 2, Higher and Advanced Higher.
Pupils work is supported by the use of Personal Learning Plans. The ‘Plans’ detail personal pupil profiles; assessment/ homework deadlines for the year; course information; teacher feedback sections on practical and composing work; concept lists; performance / NAB summary charts and useful websites. Parents are encouraged to read Personal Learning Plans to be updated with their child’s progress.